Friday, July 13, 2012

m for minouette (& mermaid and moon)

In a little over a week (eek!) the Toronto Etsy Street Team will be hosting our handmade market. I thought I might make a 'minouette' banner, so that was as good a reason as any to start a series of monogram letters, beginning with 'M'. I carved a seated mermaid combing her hair by the light of the moon, to embellish my 'M', and I printed it in Payne's gray on a variety of Japanese kozo (or mulberry) papers, each 14.8 cm or 5⅞ inches square. I plan to print it on fabric too, to make my banner.

mermaidmoon785 mermaidmoon784 mermaidmoon786 mermaidmoon787 mermaidmoon788

If you're in Toronto, I hope to see you at the 3rd annual Toronto Etsy Street Team Handmade "Spring" Marketplace! Who says you can't have a spring market mid-summer? Not only will I be selling at this event, but I'm one of the organizers. It's near the centre of the Universe ever-hip Gladstone Hotel, just south of Queen St, between Dufferin and Ossington, and promises to be a fun event, with lot of handmade goodies!

No comments: