Monday, July 2, 2012

Etsy Toronto Meet-Up



A couple of weeks ago, Etsy hosted a Meet-up for sellers in Toronto. It was a fun night, featuring three speakers, food and drink and live DJs. The idea was to allow us to network and share ideas and it was great to see so many creative (and very friendly) local people come out. A photographer shot the crowd and there are some lovely, and some funny moments captured. They've just posted a video of the night, which features some very short interviews with a few sellers, including me.

I always have that sense of surprise - do I really look and speak like that? that is one wayward eyebrow... what is that eyebrow trying to express about the Toronto Etsy Street Team anyway?- but I thought I should share it with you.

2 comments:

Gay McKinnon said...

Darn! I tried to watch the video of you and your wayward eyebrow, but it wasn't working. I didn't realise you have FIVE blogs! Just been reading more about your art and science. Great stuff. I wonder if they've made the announcement about the Large Hadron Collider yet? D'you think they've found the Higgs Boson Particle? Off to find out!

minouette said...

Hello,

The video should play, but you can also find it here: http://www.etsy.com/blog/news/2012/etsys-toronto-meet-up/

I only run two blogs by myself. The others are team efforts. This one is more about me and my artwork. magpie&whiskeyjack is more about art and science and other creators or things I want to profile.

That was certainly the rumor (about the Higgs!), though the only news report I heard was convoluted. Between you, me and the lamp post, I wonder whether the Standard Model will really look so standard in 20 years. They have something at 125 GeV mass and it seems promising....