Sunday, June 5, 2011

Halifax to Peggy's Cove

NicenessThis is this interesting installation on a post I passed daily. (Our hotel was sort of in the middle of nowhere, near the Common, so you would have to walk kilometers through the park and over the Citadel to get downtown). It seems to be handmade items for sale with a donation can.

lobster sou'westerSo, after working from 8:30 to 2:00 pm, we drove out to Peggy's Cove. You have to do it. I think
they would ask you at the airport when you leave, "Did you go to Peggy's Cove?" and if you say no, they might send you back. I've been there, when I was a child. It is lovely. Actually, it was great going on a mild, but overcast early June day, because the other tourists were not noticeable.

lichensAlong the way, we passed signs with lobsters in sou'westers, but this one takes the cake. He's piloting a boat with his claws and has antennae! I love demented signs. I know I should take it seriously, but the stickmen in peril from the killer wave also tickles me.

Peggy's Cove stickman in peril

Peggy's Cove buoys
Peggy's Cove Buoy Shack
Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove reflection
pair of gulls, Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove traps
Peggy's Cove boats

No comments: