Saturday, February 26, 2011

Clouds & Hearts

scanned detail of clouds I reprinted my cloud classification linocut on some paler sky blue paper (handmade Moriki Kozo paper from Japan). The clouds represented are shown as they would appear in the sky; the lower altitude clouds are lowest, the mid-altitude clouds in the middle and the high altitude clouds at the top. We have cumulonimbus, stratocumulus and cumulus at the bottom. There are three types of altocumulus and one altostratus in the middle. The top level contains cirrocumulus and two types of cirrus clouds. Each is denoted by its own symbol. I love symbols and the cloud symbols are like some sort of modern, rounder runes of the atmosphere.

clouds 2nd edition


The sheets are 17.5 inches wide by 12.6 inches tall (44.4 cm by 32 cm). The second edition contains 4 prints.

Also, I made it to 900 hearts on etsy today! Yay! I love hearts. I really do. Thanks to everyone who has 'favorited' my shop.

No comments: